I saw this list on GeekDad this morning. I’d have to say that numbers 1 and 7 are my favorite, but I’m a dork who like’s movies from the 80’s and Bruce Campbell. Are there any things that you would add or subtract from their list, I mean other than making sure that you have a magic gun clip that never runs out of bullets that John Woo* invented for his movies?
10. Check that account into which you’ve been funneling the fractional pennies from your company’s accounting system; it may be time to cash out.
9. Start hardening the defenses of your home now. You’ll want peace of mind when the food riots start. Reference zombie flicks and/or the Mad Max movies for helpful hints.
8. Listen to the person who says “We better take off and nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure” the first time!
7. You can increase your chances of winning prizes in any given contest by entering 1,000,000 times. Understanding mail-merge can help. See also Real Genius.
6. If anyone suggests vesting “temporary powers” in the
Chancellor President, bludgeon them to unconsciousness immediately.
5. Keep reminding yourself that a band of determined redneck high-school football players can hold off any invading army.
4. Practice this phrase: “I, for one, welcome our new [alien/robot/intelligent ape/genetically engineered] overlords.”
3. Everything you ever needed to know to survive you learned from MacGyver.
2. Encourage your congressional representatives to vote “no” on the government’s proposed program to replace food stamps with free handouts of “processed ration wafers.”(i.e. no Soylent Green!)
1. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart!
*Note: John Woo is the greatest Lutheran movie director of all time. … Well, either him or Ingmar Bergman.
Fine, John Woo is the greatest living Lutheran movie director.